Top Reasons Avocados Are The Best Food

Let’s share the truth:

Avocados are the best fruit in the entire world. It may be hard to believe however we’ll find out why. It’s also worth noting that this tasty green thing is a fruit and not a vegetable, and being precise it’s a berry.

Avocados fatten our bodies, but all in a good way.

They contain the largest amount of fat, but this shouldn’t stop you from consuming them. Avocados comprise large amounts of healthy mono-unsaturated fat. The fat that’s good for your heart. What other kinds of fat do you need?

The avocado is nicknamed the “alligator pear.”

Do you know why? Its wrinkled rough green skin resembles that of an alligator and it’s shaped like a pear. Still, if keenly observed when it’s cut open, an avocado looks like an alligator’s eye.

Nothing makes a better bread spread than an avocado.

Leave alone the usual jam, butter, mayonnaise, or peanut butter. Have you tasted avocado toast? You’ll probably never want anything else for your breakfast the day you’ll enjoy one. But the best thing is you benefit from 20 nutrients when you mash the avocado and place it on your breakfast toast. Similarly, avocados make a delicious addition to more substantial meals such as on your healthy vegetarian take out food.

Guacamole is the healthiest and best dip.

Let me advise you: Unlike what most people believe, adding the avocado’s pit to a bowl of guacamole doesn’t keep your dip fresh and green after you you’ve made it. But the secret is, adding a lot of lime and lemon juice. The exposure to oxygen is responsible for turning your guac brown – acidity from lime and lemon juice slows down oxidation.

Well, have we forgotten avocado oil, that does wonders for our body?

Avocado oil, or the fat coming from pressed avocado, is similar to olive oil. But what makes them dissimilar are the benefits. Whenever you cook with avocado oil, you’re preventing heart diseases and cancer. The oil is capable of combating destructive oxygen molecules, as proven by research carried out in Mexico. Remember such molecules are deadly since they destroy cell membranes, proteins, and DNA. Avocado oil is the saviour!

Avocados have sufficient amounts of fibre.

If you’re bored of eating your usual bean to add some fibre to your body, then try avocados now. A medium-sized avocado consists of 10 grams of fibre, whereby 75% is insoluble, whereas the other 25% is soluble. So you’ll feel full after eating and your digestion will be fast.

Avocados help your body in the absorption of nutrients.

According to a study on avocado added to a salad, there was a 13 times increase in the absorption of beta-carotene from carrots, and a 4.3 times absorption increase of alpha-carotene from lettuce, compared to when the same salad as taken without avocado. Do you want to know why? Avocado has mono-saturated fat that improves the body’s ability to absorb fat-soluble carotenoid phytonutrients.

Avocados area a better butter substitute for healthy baked foods

For the sake of your health, you can substitute butter with avocado in your recipes for baked foods. Foods like banana bread can be more delicious when baked with avocado. Have a look at these incredible avocado brownies from “How Sweet Eats.” Avocado is even in the frosting!

Avocados have large amounts of magnesium and potassium, two nutrients that reduce blood pressure a great deal. Avocado provides more magnesium than 20 other fruits combined, like kiwi, banana, and strawberry.

Related Posts